Galveston Bay Dolphin Research Program
May – August 2021
The Environmental Institute of Houston is seeking a dedicated intern to assist with collection, entry and analysis of bottlenose dolphin population and health data in Galveston Bay, Texas. The position will entail a combination of field and office work during May – August 2021 (start and end dates may be flexible to accommodate school schedules). Previous wildlife management and/or marine mammal coursework, field and photo-identification experience are highly desirable.
Salary: $1,200 per month(temporary full-time, not benefits eligible)
Education requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marine/wildlife/conservation biology, ecology, or similar field.
COVID-19 NOTICE: Candidate must be willing to follow applicable covid-19 protocols to keep themselves and their team members safe and be prepared to potentially work virtually for a portion of internship duties.
The qualified candidate must:
- Commit to a full time Monday through Friday work schedule and maintain flexibility for potentially long field days and occasional weekend work.
- Provide own lodging and transportation for office located in the Clear Lake area of Houston, TX.
- Have the ability to carefully follow instructions, work independently on sometimes tedious tasks and pay close attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work long field days on a small boat in Texas heat, often in inclement or challenging conditions.
- Be experienced and comfortable using word, data and image processing software including Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
- Be willing to occasionally work on other environmental research related projects at EIH.
- Provide contact information for three references (from a faculty member, advisor or employer).
- Pass a criminal background and motor vehicle background check prior to hiring.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Kristi Fazioli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 19, 2021